Included in the package:
- Level A1 – My First 750 Words in Maltese
- Level A1 – Speaking Maltese 1
- Level A1 – Maltese Grammar Essentials in context 1
- Level A2 – Maltese Grammar Essentials in context 2 (2016)
- Level A2 – More Words in Maltese (2015)
- Level A2 – Speaking Maltese 2
- Level B1 – Further Words & Expressions in Maltese (2015)
- Level B1 – Speaking Maltese 3 (2016)
- Level B1 – Maltese Grammar Essentials in context 3 (2017)
- Level B1 – Reality
- Level B1 – Rocco Learns Karate
- Level B1 – Medical Maltese Words & Phrases
- Level B1 – Speaking Medical Maltese 1
- Level B1 – Speaking Medical Maltese 2 (2016)
- Audio CD (2017)
This Maltese/English book series entitled Maltese for Foreigners, which is based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), consists of three levels.
Level A1 (Beginners–Elementary) includes three books: My First 750 Words in Maltese, Maltese Grammar Essentials in Context and Speaking Maltese. These three books are perfect for beginners.
Level A2 (Elementary–Pre-Intermediate) includes the books More Words in Maltese, Maltese Grammar Essentials in Context 2 and Speaking Maltese 2. These three books are perfect for pre-intermediate learners.
Level B1 (Intermediate) includes Further Words & Expressions in Maltese, Speaking Maltese 3, Maltese Grammar Essentials in Context 3 and two bilingual readers: Reality and Rocco Learns Karate.
Moreover three books were specifically designed to teach Medical Maltese: Medical Maltese Words & Phrases, Speaking Medical Maltese 1, Speaking Medical Maltese 2.
Saliba has also produced a CD (updated 2017) containing the audio files linked to the books so learners can listen to native Maltese speakers reading the text and acting out the dialogues. In addition, Saliba has also devised a syllabus for each level based on the CEFR, which can be downloaded for free from his website under the heading Maltese for Foreigners.
The bilingual series, featuring the latest developments in Maltese orthography, is aimed at beginners who want to learn Maltese and advance to the intermediate level. The series is suitable for use by individuals, by groups or in a school setting.
Saliba obtained his PhD from the University of Sheffield (UK), where he specialised in teaching Maltese as a foreign language and was sponsored by the Malta Government Scholarship Scheme Grant. For more information about each book, please visit www.charlesdanielsaliba.com