- The owner of this website is Book Distributors Limited (“BDL”) whose address is 13, Giorgio Preca Street, San Gwann, SGN 3511, Malta. Registration number: C11459; Trading Licence Number: 53/556; Value Added Tax: MT 1142-4836.
- You must be eighteen years old to use this site. If you are under eighteen, you may only use the site in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, a parent or guardian. If you do not qualify, please do not use the site.
- While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
- You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
- You will receive a confirmation email when an order has been placed and payment successfully processed.
- You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
- No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and BDL until BDL dispatches the product(s) ordered. We will confirm that the product(s) have been dispatched by a dispatch email. This dispatch e-mail amounts to an acceptance by BDL of your offer to buy goods from BDL (whether or not you receive that e-mail).
- You undertake that all details you provide to BDL for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
- You must choose a username and password on completion at the time of registration. You are responsible for all actions taken under that username and password and shall only use the Site under your own username and password. You must make every effort to keep your password safe and should not disclose it to anyone. If it is compromised, you must change it. You may not transfer or sell your username to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone to use your username or password.
- If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform BDL as soon as possible.
- All purchases are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
- You may cancel or make changes to your order at any time prior to your order being dispatched by phoning 00 356 21380351 during normal office hours. Your order and shipping address cannot be changed after your order has been dispatched. You may also withdraw from the contract at any time after the product has been dispatched and you have received our email confirming your order but not later than 15 days after the day you receive the product by: sending the notice of cancellation by email to email@example.com ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number; or where you have already received the goods, returning the goods to BDL unopened together with the original invoice. BDL will refund you the purchase price of the goods excluding delivery and insurance costs once we receive the goods back in the same condition that they were sent.
- Once BDL receive notification from you that you wish to withdraw from the contract (in accordance with these terms), any sum debited (excluding delivery and insurance costs) to BDL from your credit card in relation to your order will be re-credited to that credit card account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order provided that the goods you wish to return are received by BDL in the condition that they were in when delivered to you. You will be liable for any charges incurred in returning the goods to BDL.
- BDL reserves the right to make a 15% restocking charge for any goods which are not returned in mint condition or to refuse to accept such goods, at its sole discretion. BDL also reserves the right to make a charge for collecting goods from your premises in circumstances where they are not defective but you have cancelled your order. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- BDL does not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
- If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product which was advertised at an incorrect price if the item(s) has been charged and not dispatched we will cancel and refund your order.
- BDL will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
- In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, BDL shall, at its own option, make good for any shortage or non-delivery, replace any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question PROVIDED THAT you notify BDL of the problem by email to firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number within 10 working days of delivery of the goods. NOTHING IN THIS CLAUSE AFFECTS YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
- You and BDL will only be liable under these Terms & Conditions for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the relevant breach of contract.
- BDL do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss or damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the Site or for any products or services purchased from BDL.
PROCESSING OF ORDERS
- Credit and Debit cards are debited at the time of purchase by the payment gateway employed by BDL. All prices include sales taxes (where applicable) unless otherwise stated.
- Every purchase you make shall be deemed performed in Malta. Maltese law shall govern every aspect of contractual agreement concerning purchases made from the Site.
- Payments on our website will only be processed in Euro. Other currencies made available on our website are only indicative. The final contract is in Euro.
- BDL aims to arrange shipment of all ‘in stock’ items within 2 working days of receiving your order. Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock. Some items may be unavailable and the current stock status is approximate.
- The period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confirmation. Please note that your goods may be sent to you in instalments.
- If your delivery address is outside of Malta, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; BDL advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.
- Please note that when shipping products internationally, you should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
- For Christmas Deliveries, we recommend that you order by the 15 November. We will endeavour to dispatch all ‘in stock’ orders within 2 working days, however, we cannot guarantee delivery on or before 24 December as the post may be delayed in your area.
- We shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events.
- We shall have no liability (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of telecommunications service providers or for failures of, or faults in their networks and equipment.
- No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms & Conditions shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- You may not permit, create unauthorized framing of, or deep linking to, the Site or the creation of derivative works thereof from any other website under your management or control.
- In these Terms & Conditions, ‘Intellectual Property Rights’ means patents, database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights, together with the right to apply for the protection of any such rights. All Intellectual Property Rights in the Site shall be owned absolutely by BDL.
- Subject to the license granted to you to use the Site, BDL reserves all rights, title and interest in its Intellectual Property Rights in the Site. Any goodwill accruing from use of BDL and its affiliates’ trademarks, trade and business names and service marks under this Agreement will vest in BDL and its affiliates, as appropriate.
- It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to place an order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. BDL tracks the electronic ‘fingerprints’ of every order placed on BDL to enable us and all legitimate crime prevention and prosecution authorities to trace individual users engaging in criminal activities on our website.
- We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and to suspend or terminate your access to the Site immediately and without notice to you if:
- you fail to make any payment to us when due;
- you breach the terms of this Agreement (repeatedly or otherwise);
- when requested by us to do so, you fail to provide us within a reasonable time with sufficient information to enable us to determine the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity;
- we suspect you have engaged, or about to engage, or have in any way been involved, in fraudulent or illegal activity on the Site.
- BDL may amend these Terms & Conditions from time to time, and place the new version on the Site. For users purchasing goods or registering on the Site for the first time, all purchases from the date that the amended Terms & Conditions are placed on our website onwards will be governed by those new Terms & Conditions. Otherwise, such changes will be effective against existing users thirty days following posting of the amended version on the Site. Your continued use of the Site following BDL’s posting of any changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes. If you do not agree to any changes to these Terms & Conditions, then your only remedy is to cease using the Site.
- These Terms & Conditions supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your purchase, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement between BDL and you relating to your purchase. BDL advises that you print and keep safe a copy of these Terms & Conditions once your order has been accepted by BDL. We will store a copy of the contract entered into by you with BDL. You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) fully all information on this website.
- The language in which contracts are concluded on our website is English.
- If any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall be held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the remaining parts of these Terms & Conditions and the remainder of the affected provision shall be unaffected.
- These Terms & Conditions are subject to the laws and exclusive jurisdiction of the Maltese Law.