The data controller of this website is Anthony Gatt, 13, Giorgio Preca Street, San Gwann. Book Distributors Limited (“We”) commit ourselves to protecting and respecting your privacy when visiting our website. We undertake to collect your data by means that are fair, legal and transparent.
Please read the following information to understand our practices with regards to your personal data and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Any information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes any information provided at the time of registering to use our site, posting material, requesting further services or subscribing to any service offered by us on the site. In order to assist you better, we may request further information if you report a problem with our site.
- We may keep a record of any correspondence with you if you contact us.
- Details of the resources you access, and of your visits to our site.
- Details of transactions you may carry out through our site and of the completion of your orders.
- For marketing purposes and to improve our websites and services, we also collect data sent by your web browser, e.g., information about your browser, your IP address, and your operating system.
Where we collect your data from sources other than yourself, we undertake:
- to do so only by legal means;
- to do so only with your consent; and
- to declare to you what sources we use, and under what circumstances.
We undertake to declare the purpose of collection of data in a manner which is clear and meaningful and to avoid vague, highly inclusive statements such as ‘to support our operations’.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
When you visit our website, we may collect information about your visits, such as browser type, your IP address, and the referring website, which will not personally identify the user. We may also collect information about your browsing activity on our website using cookie files stored on your hard drive. The cookies contain valuable information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. In collecting this information we are able to improve our site and deliver a better and more personalised service. You can refuse to accept cookies but note that in doing this you may be unable to access certain parts of our site. You can do this by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting.
This collection may be done in conjunction with our service providers and/or partners (see data processors list below). We may receive from them general demographic or usage data of our site visitors. We do not use automatically collected information to identify you personally without collecting additional consent.
Such information is typically collected using web cookies, web or email pixels (also known as beacons), embedded hyperlinks, and similar tools.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We undertake to store and/or to transmit your data in a manner that ensures security against unauthorised access, alteration or deletion, at a level commensurate with its sensitivity.
All data transmitted is transmitted using a secure connection (SSL). We do not store any credit card details in our databases. All transactions are passed through a secure gateway which in turn does the necessary communications with the relative banks.
WHY WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We undertake to use your data only for:
- notifying you of any changes to our service;
- ensuring that the content of our site is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- providing you, where you have consented to be contacted, with the information, products and services requested from us or in the event that we believe that such information may be of interest to you;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, should you choose to do so;
- the purposes for which the information was collected;
- such other purposes as are subsequently agreed between yourself and us;
- such additional purposes as may be required by law. In these circumstances, we shall take all reasonable measures available to us to communicate to you that the use has occurred, unless this will involve a disproportionate effort.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We undertake to solely disclose your personal data for the provision of the requested service/s. Where such services are sub-contracted, we only pass limited information to third-parties in order to ensure the fulfilment of the service.
Your personal data may also be disclosed to Government and regulatory authorities, where this is strictly required by law.
Your personal data shall not be disclosed for any other reason apart from those mentioned above, without your express consent.
We use third-party data processors to process personal data on our behalf. Such service providers support Book Distributors Limited, especially relating to hosting and operating the websites, marketing, analytics, improving the websites, and sending email newsletters. These processors may be located outside the European Union.
Our content may link to third party websites to provide relevant references. We are not responsible for such external content, which may contain separate privacy policies and data processing disclosures.
We may disclose your personal information if required by law, regulation, or other legal subpoena or warrant. We may also disclose your personal information to a regulatory or law enforcement agency if we believe it to be necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Book Distributors Limited, its customers or any third party.
If you have given us your email address for purposes of communication or promotion, we will use your data to contact you or send promotional emails relating to your interests. You may revoke your consent to being contacted by email for promotional purposes any time, by clicking on an unsubscribe link or replying directly stating your wish to unsubscribe.
Further, with your consent, we may make use of email tracking technology to obtain data on if you open an email or if you click on links in an email. This data will be used only in automated ways to help improve future marketing messaging and/or to prioritize follow-ups based on perceived communications relevance. Without your consent, we will not make use of personal data unique to you, such as your IP address, your device and browser information, or the time and number of times you open an email or click on a link.
TECHNICAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL DATA PROTECTION
Book Distributors Limited implements commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against abuse and loss. We store such data in secure environments. We provide training to our employees on data protection best practices.
While we use all reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data submitted through our websites.
DATA RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION
- to retain your data for no longer than necessary having regard to the purpose of processing, unless this is strictly required by a specific law; and
- to destroy your data when its purpose has expired, and to do so in such a manner that your data is not subsequently capable of being recovered.
As an individual, you may exercise your right to access the data held about you by Book Distributors Limited by submitting your request in writing to the data controller.
Although all reasonable efforts will be made to keep your information updated, you may access and edit your data online from our website (www.bdlbooks.com). You will need to log in using the username and password registered at the time of creating your account with us. You also have the right to request the blocking or erasure of data which has been processed unlawfully.
Please feel free to direct such requests or other questions and comments regarding this privacy statement or the privacy practices of www.bdlbooks.com to our Data Protection Officer online or by mail:
Book Distributors Limited
13, Giorgio Preca Street
San Gwann SGN 3511