Any teaching institution is as strong as its teachers. The Malta Medical School has a three century continuous history of excellence in the field of medical education being set up originally by Grandmaster Fr’ Nicolas Cotoner 1576 as a School of Anatomy and Surgery and formalized as a university faculty by Grandmaster Fra’ Manuel Pinto de Fonseca in 1771. Throughout the years the Faculty has been served by a series of personalities who have given a sterling contribution to maintaining the standards of medical care on the Maltese Islands. Besides giving an outline of the history of the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery in Malta and the teaching aids used in medical education; this book catalogues the various paintings and sculpture busts of several personalities held by the Medical School. It gives a biographical outline of each personality with the aim of providing a better appreciation of each individual’s contribution to medical education and progress in Malta for in the words of the fourteenth century surgeon Guy de Chauliac “We are like children standing on the shoulders of a giant, for we can see all that the giant can see, and a little bit more”.