Read Write Inc. Phonics Book Bag Books are engaging texts to support children with additional reading practice outside the classroom. The books are uniquely matched to the existing Read Write Inc. Phonics Storybooks to reinforce children’s learning of phonics at the appropriate level, helping them to make even faster progress in reading.
- Provides practice for children learning the Set 1 sounds
- Increased opportunities for sound blending practice, leading to faster progress
- Simple, one-word-per-page books for individual or partner practice
- Each word is first encountered on the right-hand page. When the child turns the page, they will see the word again, with any digraphs (‘special friends’) underlined and an accompanying picture, so they can check they have read the word correctly
- Ten books, progressing in complexity from simple CVC words, to CVC words with digraphs, to CVCC/CCVC words
- To be used after children can confidently blend with Green Word Cards, and before children read the Red Ditty Books
- Books contain effective reading activities to support children’s reading.
- They are clearly structured and humorous so that children want to read them again and again.
- They contain engaging, colour illustrations by Tim Archbold.
- They are written by experienced children’s author Gill Munton.
- Ditties use natural and fluent language that children have learned to sound out.