The Get Writing! Books contain a range of writing activities for each of the Storybooks and selected Non-fiction books for an effective approach to teaching early reading and writing. Step-by-step guidance helps children move from writing simple sentences to extended texts such as invitations, letters, descriptive texts and non-fiction texts.
- Longer composition activities are based on a new six-step process with lots of oral rehearsal and role play so children are full of ideas before they write
- Grammar, spelling and vocabulary activities are fully integrated and drawn from the Storybook texts. They are matched to the 2014 National Curriculum to help children reach the higher standards
- Check boxes throughout the books prompt children to proofread and review their writing, helping them to make sustained progress
- Detailed lesson plans for these writing activities are provided in the Read Write Inc. Phonics Handbooks and Read Write Inc. Phonics Online
- Comprehensive professional development from Ruth Miskin Training ensures consistent practice across your school