Notary Francesco Catania (1872-1960) and his collections at The Wignacourt Museum

edited by Mgr John Azzopardi

978-9993225058
Hardback

In stock

Description

The Wignacourt Museum is located in the historic baroque palace known as the Wignacourt Collegio. It was the residence of the Chaplains of the Order attached to St Paul’s Grotto, and the building is physically linked to the Grotto through an underground passage constructed by Lorenzo Gafà. The exhibits come from the Collegio itself, from the Rabat Parish Church and from other donations, particularly that of Notary Francesco Catania who died in 1960. The palace itself and its exhibits were fully restored and the museum was reopened to the public on 12 December 2012. 

 

Additional information

Weight 1530.0000 g
Dimensions 31.0 × 22.0 cm
Publisher
Pages 230
ISBN 978-9993225058
Cover
Year of publication
Note A collection of essays published on the 50th anniversary of the reunion of St Paul's Grotto with St Paul's Parish Church in Rabat, Malta and their elevation as a Collegiate Church

Product categories and tags