A world-class program based on top-performing Singapore, Republic of Korea and Hong Kong
Scholastic PR1ME Mathematics K is a forward-thinking and innovative Mathematics program based on the curriculum standards and the effective teaching and learning practices of the global top-performers in Mathematics – Singapore, Republic of Korea and Hong Kong. It is adapted from the highly-acclaimed and widely-proven PRIMARY MATHEMATICS Project developed by the Ministry of Education, Singapore.
Scholastic PRIME Mathematics is based on a pedagogical approach and instructional design that:
- Teaches via problem solving through the systematic development of problem-solving skills and by focusing on both the method required to solve the problem, and the problem-solving process
- Is effective, measurable and diagnostic with a learner-centred and a teacher-directed approach designed to enable assessment of understanding of concepts and mastery of skills at every step of concept development and learning
- Develops metacognition in learners enabling them to monitor, direct and communicate their thinking process
- Incorporates professional learning into the curriculum framework to develop the pedagogical content knowledge of educators to improve classroom practices
- Uses technology to deliver interactive instructional content to facilitate whole-class teaching