The following are some outstanding features of this book.
- It covers all topics in mechanics and materials required by the Matsec board of the University of Malta and by most examining boards in the United Kingdom.
- Equations and key principals are highlighted.
- Whenever possible, long paragraphs have been set in point form.
- Theoretical concepts are related to everyday life experiences and simplified with the help to clear, labelled diagrams.
- Several model examples have been worked out. The methods adopted in their solutions indicate how an answer may be structured and presented.
- The exercises contain a broad spectrum of examples. Objective tests have been included – they ensure a thorough sampling of both content and objectives.