The ideal candidate will be responsible for all inventory related duties, postings and assisting the store manager in the day-to-day duties while liaising with the company’s different departments.
- Create and maintain supplier and stock records.
- Verify delivery notes and invoices, post purchase orders, update stock and update supplier invoices.
- Investigate and follow up discrepancies; follow up pending invoices and credit notes with suppliers.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting perpetual and annual physical counts while reconciling with data in the accounting system.
- Liaise with the Store Manager to handle stock returns and ensure credit note receipts from suppliers.
- Verifying and posting warehouse transfers.
- Maintain stock levels by liaising with the Store Manager.
- Prepare customer orders by processing requests, raising invoices and checking and packing boxes.
- Check stock returned from customers, raise credit notes and put back inventory in its designated areas.
- Assist walk-in customers and sales reps by providing information, answering questions, raising invoices and charging appropriately.
- Daily sales reconciliation and hand in to the Receivables Clerk.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as necessary and requested.
Requirements and working conditions
- Duties require one to work in different settings, including in an office environment, on the shop floor or at a warehouse.
- Previous experience in inventory handling and posting in the wholesale sector is a requirement.
- 1 to 2 years experience in a similar post desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Maltese required to interpret and relay job specifications, prepare reports etc.
- On-the-job training is offered by the employer.
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of Sage Evolution is an asset.
- Must demonstrate good safety practices.
- Must be able to work efficiently under pressure.
- Must function well with minimum supervision.
- Must be a detail-oriented individual with good organizational skills.