Directly responsible for preparing visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts for publications, journals, games, leaflets, online banners and more. Your graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design.
The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with other designers and/or authors and will report directly to the General Manager.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements.
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements.
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas illustrating design, layout, colour, type, etc.
- Develop finished copy and art using software.
- Work with copywriters and team to produce final design.
- Amend designs after feedback.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Follow and update project management tools with status of jobs and time tracking to ensure jobs are finished on time.
- Prepare regular mock-ups, banners and other advertising material for social media, website, print and other media as necessary.
- Join and participate in meetings.
- Draw sketches, story-boarding and/or write descriptions of images for third-party illustrators.
- Check illustrations from third parties and prepare them for publishing.
- Proof and sign-off jobs for print.
Requirements and working conditions
- Work from office from 8.30 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday
- Proven graphic design experience in particular in typesetting and layout of copy is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Maltese required.
- Candidates must have a keen eye for aesthetics and details, pay attention to detail, be deadline-oriented, and be able to handle rejection.
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, is required.
- Must be able to work efficiently under pressure.
- Must function well with minimum supervision.
- Must be a detail-oriented individual with good organizational skills.